RCA'S SUSTAINING CORPORATE SPONSORS
April Interview Series – Ken Claerbout
Join us on April 13, 2021 at 9:00 pm Eastern for a conversation with Ken Claerbout. Ken holds an engineering degree and a Master’s in Telecommunications, and is the Acting Chief of the Broadcast Technologies Division for Global Media (USAGM).
In 1984 Ken moved to Virginia after accepting a position with the Diplomatic Telecommunications Service, working in both engineering and management roles, supporting the secure, global network of US embassies and facilities around the world. He later spent six years in the private sector at a global telecommunications provider for Sprint, France Telecom, and Deutsche Telecom. He currently works for the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM) in downtown Washington DC as Acting Chief of the Broadcasting Technologies Division. Ken holds a degree in Electrical Engineering and a master’s degree in Telecommunications (Public Policy and Business) from George Mason University.
Most of his time for the last seven years has been overseeing USAGM’s global FM broadcast network, with over 100 stations worldwide. This division provides the following services:
- Propagation analysis and coverage prediction – MW, SW, VHF, UHF
- FM system design, implementation, modification, and operations
- Medium Wave (AM) system design, implementation, and modification
- Shortwave system design, implementation, and modification
- Terrestrial TV design and implementation
- Shortwave frequency scheduling, international coordination
- Worldwide monitoring
- Broadcast time leasing on Shortwave and Medium wave
This interview is free and open to all, pre-registration is required. Please register. Once registered you will receive a confirmation email with your access link.